However, let us look at this "exciting" offers first before making any decisions. Normally, banks are offering enhanced returns for those who also buy unit trusts or insurance products. They bundle these products, in order to give consumers special FD rates. But, is that your cup of tea?
- need to buy an insurance and have extra money to put into FD
- need to invest into unit trust and have extra money to put into FD
- want to buy insurance only
- want to invest into unit trust only
- do not want to lock-in your cash in FD
Do take note on the terms set by banks, such as the ratio of FD:UT / FD:Insurance.
For instance, the insurance products bundled are higher in premiums.
For example, RM100k are divided into 4:1 ;
RM80k FD and RM20k UT
If you includes the UT fees and the risks that you are taking, does it worth?